The MSU Potato Breeding and Genetics Program has collaborated on this
project since its inception in 2007.
The Brightmoor Garden Project is based on the hypothesis that having a
with the earth creates a responsibility with individuals.
- A project goal is to develop urban gardening and farming in the Brightmoor area of Detroit.
- The project concept is based on using the potato as a foundation in the urban gardening concept.
the community to MSU education programs for urban gardening and farming.
- Continue to integrate our project with the Detroit Agricultural Network.
- Distribute food in the community for consumption and sale.
- Foster ownership of gardens in the community.
Eliza Howell Park (adjacent to Murphy Middle School).
- Trinity St and Pilgrim St.
O’Shea Recreation Center.
- Lahser St and Pilgrim St.